Welcome to M&D Supply, Inc., and thank you for considering our team. Those that have been in our organization any length of time will tell you that our company offers something different…something special. It’s a sense of family and community that you don’t find in many businesses. It’s our culture. It’s unique to us. It’s powerful. It’s our competitive edge. It started in 1967 when our company was founded. It has survived numerous challenges over the years including the invasion of “big box” discounters and home improvement retailers. Our purpose is clear: Provide service, convenience, and exceptional value beyond customer expectations. Our strategy is simple: Nothing is more important than our customer. We must live by the motto “Every customer, every time!” We know that our company’s success is squarely on the shoulders of our employees. Therefore we work extremely hard to make sure each and every employee is given the tools necessary to flourish. Learning your new job won’t happen overnight, but with a can-do attitude, hard work, and a dash of fun, you will be successful. Are you up for the challenge?
M&D Supply is hiring for self-motivated, reliable, and outgoing associates who are interested in working in a positive and family oriented team. Our cashiers need to have basic computer and math skills, as well as being able to handle cash consistently and accurately. You will be responsible for working efficiently while maintaining attention to detail for all transactions. Apply today to join our cashier!
• Greet every customer entering the store
• Answer all calls using the company phone script when necessary
• Perform transactions cheerfully, quickly and accurately
• Maintain the minimum Ace Reward sign-up goals as set by the company
• Maintain the minimum Round Up goal set by the company • Supervise others and provide on-the-job training as necessary
• Restock register area weekly
• Attend store cashier meetings as required
• Any other duties assigned as needed
• Minimum 16 years old
• Basic math and computer skills
• Pay attention to detail in all transactions
• Maintain cheerful attitude to meet and exceed customer expectations
• Maintain high standards of ethical conduct
• Strives to work with their team and problem solve as needed
• Ability to exert 20 pounds of force to move items as needed
• Must be willing to complete tasks that require subjection to environmental conditions
• Stooping, reaching, keyboarding, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion are all essential functions of the job
• Must be able to stand and walk for 8 hours or more per day
It is understood and agreed upon that any misrepresentation by me in this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application and/or separation from the Employer's service if I have been employed.
I give the Employer the right to investigate all references and to secure additional information about me, if job related. I hereby release from liability the Employer and its representatives for seeking such information, and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
This application is current for only 60 days. At the conclusion of this time, if I have not heard from the Employer and still wish to considered for employment, it will be necessary to fill out a new application.
I understand that just as I am free to resign at any time, the Employer reserves the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of the Employer has the authority to make any assurances to the contrary.
By completing and submitting this application for employment, I understand and agree that M&D Supply, Inc. (the “Company”), has an arbitration policy in place, which is incorporated by reference in this application. This company’s arbitration policy and procedures is the required and exclusive way for applicants, Employees, and the Company to resolve any and all disputes. I agree to resolve any dispute between the Company and me arising out of this application or, if the company hires me, out of my employment, through the rules of the arbitration policy and procedures, which includes binding arbitration as a final step.
To make customers happy by providing exceptional service, convenience, and value.
- Offer the very best customer service
- Employee friendly, family oriented, fun work enviroment
- Support our community
Founded in 1967, M&D Supply is a third generation hardware store that is known for its customer service, stocking hard to find items, and its partnership with Ace Hardware. M&D Supply has continued to grow in spte of Big Box and internet competition. Today, M&D Supply operates 7 locations with more than 230 employees ready to serve home and commercial customers in Southeast Texas.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)