Welcome to M&D Supply, Inc., and thank you for considering our team. Those that have been in our organization any length of time will tell you that our company offers something different…something special. It’s a sense of family and community that you don’t find in many businesses. It’s our culture. It’s unique to us. It’s powerful. It’s our competitive edge. It started in 1967 when our company was founded. It has survived numerous challenges over the years including the invasion of “big box” discounters and home improvement retailers. Our purpose is clear: Provide service, convenience, and exceptional value beyond customer expectations. Our strategy is simple: Nothing is more important than our customer. We must live by the motto “Every customer, every time!” We know that our company’s success is squarely on the shoulders of our employees. Therefore we work extremely hard to make sure each and every employee is given the tools necessary to flourish. Learning your new job won’t happen overnight, but with a can-do attitude, hard work, and a dash of fun, you will be successful. Are you up for the challenge?
M&D Supply is looking for a safety oriented team member who can multitask, communicate clearly, and perform heavy lifting consistent with job requirements. We need a responsible, reliable and task-oriented problem solver to join our lumberyard team! You will be working outdoors and indoors on a daily basis. Apply today to join our Beaumont team!
• Load customer purchases in vehicles and/or trailers
• Cut wood, glass, thread pipe, etc., and shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using a tape measure, hand tools, machines, or power saw.
• Pull orders for delivery
• Operate forklift according to safety regulations
• Communicate consistently with foreman or managers on any discrepancies to be corrected
• Open and close lumber yard
• Clean lumberyard of trash as needed
• Maintain roller racks, pallet racks, and auto-stack conveyor
It is understood and agreed upon that any misrepresentation by me in this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application and/or separation from the Employer's service if I have been employed.
I give the Employer the right to investigate all references and to secure additional information about me, if job related. I hereby release from liability the Employer and its representatives for seeking such information, and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
This application is current for only 60 days. At the conclusion of this time, if I have not heard from the Employer and still wish to considered for employment, it will be necessary to fill out a new application.
I understand that just as I am free to resign at any time, the Employer reserves the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of the Employer has the authority to make any assurances to the contrary.
By completing and submitting this application for employment, I understand and agree that M&D Supply, Inc. (the “Company”), has an arbitration policy in place, which is incorporated by reference in this application. This company’s arbitration policy and procedures is the required and exclusive way for applicants, Employees, and the Company to resolve any and all disputes. I agree to resolve any dispute between the Company and me arising out of this application or, if the company hires me, out of my employment, through the rules of the arbitration policy and procedures, which includes binding arbitration as a final step.
• Follow prevailing procedures to ensure maximum security to prevent theft
• Minimum 18 years old
• Basic math and computer skills
• Pay attention to detail in all transactions
• Maintain cheerful attitude to meet and exceed customer expectations
• Maintain high standards of ethical conduct
• Strives to work with their team and problem solve as needed
• Able to pass LP gas certification preferred
• Able to pass Forklift certification preferred
• Maintain high standard of safety
• Must be willing to complete tasks that may require subjection to environmental conditions
• Stooping, reaching, keyboarding, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion are all essential functions of the job
• Must be able to stand and walk for 8 hours or more per day
• Must be able to lift/load up to 100 pounds from ground level to height of approx. 4 feet.
To make customers happy by providing exceptional service, convenience, and value.
- Offer the very best customer service
- Employee friendly, family oriented, fun work enviroment
- Support our community
Founded in 1967, M&D Supply is a third generation hardware store that is known for its customer service, stocking hard to find items, and its partnership with Ace Hardware. M&D Supply has continued to grow in spte of Big Box and internet competition. Today, M&D Supply operates 7 locations with more than 230 employees ready to serve home and commercial customers in Southeast Texas.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)